Meditation is ancient practice where we aim to still our mind. This is particularly important in today's stressed out and materialistic world. When we suffer from long-term stress our autonomic nervous system, immune system and cardiovascular systems in particular can be compromised. We find that we can suffer from initial response symptoms such as: headaches, anxiety and a weakened immune system. Then illness such as: allergies, arthritis, heart disease, ulcers, obesity, cancer, metal health disorders and many others may present. The benefits of meditation against the above symptoms are potentially enormous.
- Help us to manage our emotions
- Help lower blood pressure
- Alleviate pain and stress
- Increase our sense of clarity and awareness
- Bring about peace of mind and calmness
- Have significant positive effect on patients with cancer and cardiovascular disease
- Help prevent stress related disorders
- Increase spiritual growth
I have meditated for over 20 years and on completing my Meditation Facilitators Certificate I can show you the diversity of meditation forms.
Common forms of meditation include but are not limited to
- Guided visualisation
- Breath awareness
- Sound and nature meditations
- Creative imagery
- Chakra meditations
Lotus Healing Therapies offers meditation in a variety of situations. We offer group meditations, workshops and meditation on an individual basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information. Helping you feel safe and supported is my main focus as I help you to explore the many different aspects of Meditation so please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.